Let’s end this thing!
We’ll spend a little time working in pairs to answer these questions:
- What is the big crisis point/decision that your story is leading up to?
- What do you think people expect to happen? Should that be what happens?
- What are at least 5 plausible endings of this story?
Then, let’s look at some advice for endings from Creative Writing Now.
1) Effective endings show (or suggest) the result of the story’s conflict.
2) Effective story endings come from the main character’s actions.
3) Satisfying story endings use elements from the story’s beginning and middle.
4) Great story endings make the reader feel something.
You must be logged in to post a comment.